Welcome to Lightening's Blogworld! A place where I blog about all things blogging, including blog reviews! I am a BLOG ADDICT. I'm happy to admit that. I'm also something of a blogging "newbie" and not really technical at all. LOL. But I am learning a few things as I go and I might just share them here. I figure if I can do them anyone can. Plus, it could be a helpful place for me to return when I can't remember how I did something and want to do it again! LOL.

Being a blogging addict, I have more than 1 blog. In fact this is only 1 of 3 blogs.My main blog can be found at
Lightening Online . This is where I blog about all things "me". In fact "me" is the only common theme really. You'll find a variety of thoughts ranging from life as a mum, frugality, simple living, gardening, craft projects and who knows what else.

I also write another blog called
For I Know The Plans I Have For You which is a more intimate blog detailing the spiritual side of my life.

Why keep them all separate? Apart from the fact that I may send my readers nutty if I continually post multiple posts on my main blog? I respect people's right to choose what they spend their time reading. I hope some of my readers will read all 3 blogs. But others may choose to only read 1 or 2. I hope by separating them like this, it makes that easier to do so.

I hope you enjoy this blog and come again soon!

Monday, January 21, 2008

National Hugging Day

Apparently today is National Hugging Day!!! I only found this out yesterday when I wrote the post I Need a Hug on my personal blog. Of course, it isn't today yet for some people in the world. But we'll call it today anyway. Got that?

It would seem that there is a day for EVERYTHING!!!!!

According to the National Hugging Day website, there is also a "National Whiners Day". Who'd have thought? Although, on further reading, I discovered that National Whiners Day is actually a day to be thankful for what you DO have rather than focusing on what you don't have.

On the website you can actually vote for the most huggable person and the most famous whiner!!! LOL. How interesting.

You can print off your own hug colouring sheets.

You can send a hug card.

Now in our family, we have different kinds of kisses. An eskimo kiss, a butterfly kiss, a lizard kiss and so on.

But I've never come across different hugs before. How about this list for a variety of different hugs:

Gorilla Hug - Squeeze the huggee tightly while saying "ooh ooh" like an ape. A great one for grown ups and kids!

Circle Hug - Hugger wraps his or her arms all the way around huggee so huggee can bury his or her face in hugger's chest. A good one for comfort or encouragement!

All Purpose Hug - The any-time-is-good friendly embrace that says, "good to see you" or "I like you!" Usually brief but meaningful.

Cyber Hug - Include the person's name in an e-mail, surrounded by multiple parenthesis, i.e., (((((Donna)))))

Party Hug - A minimum of three huggers grab each other's waists and form a circle of happy hugging people.

The Man Hug - Slap the huggee's upper back while hugging; upper body may touch, but nothing else!


This article describes how a Hug A Day Can Keep the Blues Away.

And I love this quote that I found:

"For human beings, you need two hugs a day to survive, four hugs for maintenance, six hugs to grow." Virginia Satir, a Wisconsin Marriage and Family Therapist.

I know this isn't technically about blogging but I figured a website was close enough and it was worth mentioning. ;-)

I hope you all found someone to hug on this "National Hugging Day". If not here's a {{{HUG}}} from me. :)

No comments: