Welcome to Lightening's Blogworld! A place where I blog about all things blogging, including blog reviews! I am a BLOG ADDICT. I'm happy to admit that. I'm also something of a blogging "newbie" and not really technical at all. LOL. But I am learning a few things as I go and I might just share them here. I figure if I can do them anyone can. Plus, it could be a helpful place for me to return when I can't remember how I did something and want to do it again! LOL.

Being a blogging addict, I have more than 1 blog. In fact this is only 1 of 3 blogs.My main blog can be found at
Lightening Online . This is where I blog about all things "me". In fact "me" is the only common theme really. You'll find a variety of thoughts ranging from life as a mum, frugality, simple living, gardening, craft projects and who knows what else.

I also write another blog called
For I Know The Plans I Have For You which is a more intimate blog detailing the spiritual side of my life.

Why keep them all separate? Apart from the fact that I may send my readers nutty if I continually post multiple posts on my main blog? I respect people's right to choose what they spend their time reading. I hope some of my readers will read all 3 blogs. But others may choose to only read 1 or 2. I hope by separating them like this, it makes that easier to do so.

I hope you enjoy this blog and come again soon!

Friday, November 30, 2007

In My Blogworld This Week......

Wow, there have been some awesome posts this week out in blogland! I just wanted to take the opportunity to share a few of them with you.

Emma at "Meanderings" wrote a great and thought-provoking post titled Taken for Granted . It's an area many of us could do with working on. I was going to include a quote here of part of her post but I think it really is best to visit and have a read of the whole thing yourself. Thanks Emma for your depth of thought and willingness to share with the rest of us. :-)

Frogdancer at "Dancing with Frogs" shared an idea she does with her boys at home in a post titled Our Books . It's a wonderful idea to help build family bonding (in between sibling wars of course) and self esteem. I love it so much that I intend on beginning the same idea in our family VERY SOON. Thanks Frogdancer for sharing such a special part of your family life together!

Ali at "Our Patch" wrote Alternative Gift Wrapping giving a great reminder at this time of year that we don't *have* to do things the way we've always done. Christmas can be a time of great wastage and it's good to stop and have a think about what we're doing and why and consider if there are alternatives out there.

Jon at "On Money Making" wrote an extremely touching and thought provoking post called The Forrest Gump Guide to Becoming a Gazillionaire. It took me by surprise that a post on how to make money actually brought a tear to my eye. What I think struck me the most was the level of integrity included in this post. Maybe I'm too cynical but I feel that a lot of people wanting to "make it to the top" are prepared to step on whoever it takes in order to get there. Whether or not you actually have any desire to become a "gazillionaire" (and personally I don't - I came across this site almost by accident), this post is well worth the read simply for the thought provoking and clever way it has been written. I guess it helps that I'm a personal fan of Forrest Gump - the ultimate in human integrity! :-)

I hope you enjoy reading these posts. I know I did!!! :-) I'm hoping to make this a weekly feature of "Lightening's Blogworld". Let me know if you find it useful or interesting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the mention :)

emma.jean said...

Awww thanks Jodi - that post was inspired by one of yours - and I thought afterwards, I hope she's not bothered by my copycatting!

Frogdancer said...

Just saw this.

Thanks for the compliment! I've read the other posts too. Great idea to link up to various things you stumble across while blogging.